Free app "TextileStGallen"
Discover the textile city of St.Gallen from its most beautiful side - with your personal guide, the free app "TextileStGallen" - have fun!
Eastern Switzerland is internationally renowned for its textile tradition and its special know-how in this sector.
... that around 1910 more than half of the world's production came from Eastern Switzerland?
... that embroidery contributed one-fifth to the largest export sector of the Swiss economy?
From yarn to embroidery and underwear to fashionable and functional textiles with the latest technology: Eastern Switzerland is a true "land of textiles", shaped by history and constantly renewed by numerous successful companies.
Experience pioneering spirit and tradition up close! The offers of "Textilland Ostschweiz" make our rich textile heritage accessible to you:
- Textile Museum St.Gallen
- Historical and Ethnological Museum, St.Gallen
- Saurer Museum, Arbon/Classic Lake Constance
- Sorntal Textile Museum, Hauptwil
- Sample collection "les artistes du Jersey" and fabric shop by Greuter Textil, Sulgen
- Museum in the Kornhaus, Rorschach
- Museum Appenzell
- Appenzell Folklore Museum, Stein AR
- Appenzell Customs Museum, Urnaesch
- Museum spinning mill, Neuthal
Tours / Guided Tours
- Theme tours St.Gallen-Lake Constance Tourism, St.Gallen
- Culture spurt Appenzellerland
- Troeckneturm, St.Gallen
- railway station, textile fountain, main post office, St.Gallen
- House Oceanic, St.Gallen
- Landsgemeindeplatz with Zellweger palaces, Trogen
Round off your stay in Eastern Switzerland with a textile room! In the Textilland Junior Suite of Einstein St.Gallen you can sleep in the textile dreams of the renowned textile company Jakob Schlaepfer.